Your search results

The best real estate investment for different ages

Posted by DanbelProInv on May 21, 2022

Real estate investors have a variety of asset kinds to select from, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. However,  discovered that the relative attractiveness of these possibilities is typically determined by the investor’s age. Because older real estate investors have more experience in the market, prior experiences might have a significant impact on their investing selections. Younger investors tend to be more aggressive, partially because they have less experience.

Older investors are often more attracted to real estate investments that will return a steady sum of money yearly/monthly. These investors have likely already created their wealth and are nearing retirement, so they’re more focused on protecting their principal while enjoying stable cash flow and potential appreciation.

Younger investors, meanwhile, tend to focus more on growing their wealth than trying to protect it. So they may be more likely to become involved in a real estate investment that provides greater potential for value appreciation.

When it comes to commercial real estate, research has shown that 68% of interested investors are within the age group of 36-60 years. 15% of the interested investors are between the age group of 25-35 years while remaining 17% interested investors belonged to the age group of above 60 years. Although investors aged 60 and over have generally avoided commercial real estate investments, this is changing as CRE allows older investors to receive a collateral-backed constant monthly inflow with the possibility of further yearly capital growth earned over time. For land real estate investment, research has shown that 85% of interested investors are mostly within the age 21-50 with the remaining 15% falling in the 50+ age group

Although the housing crisis is global, the age distribution of house ownership varies greatly between industrialised and developing nations. While the average age for investors to put down a deposit on their first home is 25, in Nigeria, the average age is 35, and most homes are paid in full rather than through a mortgage, as is the case in other parts of the world.

Residential real estate, on the other hand, is primarily acquired by investors aged 40 and over, as this is the age at which most homeowners are comfortable enough to buy a house gather their money to purchase a home.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

  • Change Currency

  • Change Measurement

  • Advanced Search

    ₦ 0 to ₦ 5.600.000

    More Search Options
  • Our Listings

Compare Listings